We have entered a new golden age; an age where we are being called to pay closer attention to the voice of our soul, our inner guru. As the universe transforms and the universal consciousness shifts to encourage us to form closer bonds in unity and oneness; we are required to go inward to contemplate our role, our purpose, our dreams and desires, and the actions we must take to bring these changes to fruition.
As we begin the new year, it is a perfect time to go inward to discover and set our intentions and goals for the coming year. As you do this, I ask you to not only contemplate what your personal goals and intentions are for the year, but also to include how you can play a greater role in bringing more love and peace into the world; more unity consciousness.
I suggest you carve out 20 to 30 minutes to create your list of intentions for the year. As you do this, try to go a little deeper than you normally have in the past. For example, if it’s a new relationship you are seeking or deepening of an existing one – try to discover what has held you back from achieving this before. Is there something you need to let go of; something you need to heal before you can bring this to fruition? How would it feel if you achieved this wish/intention?
Speak to your soul for guidance. Your soul already knows what actions you need to take so write this down as it comes through. It may not happen all in one sitting, and that’s perfectly okay. Allow the universe to guide you in this process.
Some suggested steps for creating intentions for this new year (you will need something to write your intentions and any divinely inspired messages or insights):
- Find a quiet place where you can sit quietly for 20 or 30 minutes.
- Close your eyes and take several deep breaths. As you breathe in – breathe in feelings of love into your heart center. As you exhale, breathe out any thoughts or feelings of fear or limitation. Repeat this several times, until you feel relaxed and at peace.
- With your eyes still closed, take a moment to ask your soul to come forward. Visualize that your soul resides about 6 to 12 inches above your head. Imagine connecting a stream of pink light from your heart to this point over your head. Focus on connecting with this point above your head for a moment, pausing for as long as you need to feel this connection.
- When you feel connected to this part of you, place a question in your heart center that is intended for your soul to respond to. For example: What should my wishes/intentions be for this year so that I can manifest the life I deserve and want? Most likely, thoughts will enter your mind, but do not try to force them away. When that happens, just bring your attention back to the question within your heart and see yourself surrounding the question with rays of pink light. Take a pause for several minutes within this meditative state and listen to the words, messages, symbols that come through in whatever form your soul wants to communicate with you.
- Now, begin to write and journal whatever intentions you feel guided to write for this year. As suggested before, you might want to extend your list to include 1 or 2 intentions that support a greater contribution to unity consciousness and love in our world. It is important that you write these statements in the present tense as if you have already fulfilled them. For example, if a new job/career is the intention, then you might want to say something like: “I am now working in a fulfilling job/career where I am fully appreciated and rewarded abundantly for my gifts and talents.”
- In a second column to the right of your intention, write any thoughts related to what has prevented you from achieving this intention in the past or what area you need to heal to be able to manifest this intention in your life. And, in a third column write the feelings associated with achieving this intention. Really think about how you would feel if you had already manifested this intention.
Now, that you have written your intentions for the year, you can move on to the second part of this exercise which is about manifesting your intentions. This part is very important, if you want to plant the seeds that will help you manifest these intentions. The following suggested steps for manifesting are adapted from Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book, Wishes Fulfilled.
- The first step in manifesting is planting the seed of your wish or intention in your conscious mind. Take the list you have written and, one by one, read each one out loud. Then, close your eyes and see yourself planting a new seed for this intention within your heart.
- The second step is to program your mind and body with the feelings associated with achieving this intention. According to Neville who is quoted numerous times in Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book, Wishes Fulfilled, “Ideas are impressed on the subconscious through the medium of feeling.” So take a moment to imprint in your body how it would feel for you to manifest each of your intentions. Go to your list of intentions and, one by one, imprint the feelings you wrote in the third column of your list within your mind and body. If career was one of your intentions, then, for example, you might be associating feelings of safety, security, and happiness as the result of manifesting your career intention. These, then, would be the feelings you want to program into your mind and body so that your subconscious goes on autopilot to help you manifest the actions that support the achievement of this intention through step number three.
- The third step is to make sure you live from this place in your daily life. So monitor your thoughts and actions to ensure that your thoughts and actions support the manifestation of the seed you have planted. Whenever you catch yourself thinking something negative that goes against being able to achieve this intention, replace that thought with the affirmative statement you wrote in your journal about this intention – reaffirming the “I am” statement. Remember, that your thoughts create your reality, so choose them wisely.
As you practice these steps, allow yourself to tweak and accommodate your own guidance to create an experience that works well for you.
May this new year bring you much love and happiness!